Tasks Sáhtášii leat vearrátge
The tasks are suitable for pupils in elementary school.
In this film we get to know two young schoolgirls that live in Ohcejohka in Finland. Life is peaceful in Ohcejohka. At least until the year 2020. One of the girls felt like the world was turned upside down when she heard the news about the coronavirus. Because of the virus her school had to close down, and the pupils were attending home school for two months.
She wasn't able to play with her friends, and she couldn't visit her grandmother.
- What did you feel when you heard the news about the coronavirus?
- Did you like distance learning from home when the schools closed down?
- What in your life changed during lockdown?
One of the girls in the film is wondering what kids from other places did during lockdown.
- Describe a day in your life during the lockdown period.
Many families stockpiled food in the spring of 2020. The family we meet in the film always stockpile food for the winter during the summer and fall.
- What does stockpile mean?
- How often do you and your family normally go to the store to shop groceries?
- Did this change during the lockdown period?
- Why do you think many people stockpiled food when it was lockdown?
The girls in the film feel that they almost learn more at home than at school.
- Why do you think they feel like that?
- Do you feel the same way, or do you learn more at school than at home?