The tasks are suitable for students in lower secondary school and upper secondary school.
When you analyze a film you are trying to find out what the film is telling us. What is the story? What kind of cinematic techniques are being used? What themes does the film address?
Start with watching the film. It is a good idea to have a notebook at hand so that you can make notes while you’re watching. Answer these questions after watching the film:
- How is the story in the film structured?
- What impression do you get of the characters in the film?
- How is nature portrayed in the film?
- Describe the music in the film with four words.
- How do you think the use of music affects the ways we perceive the film?
- What do you think this statement from the priest in the film means:
- It is written in the word of God that the devil must be cleaned away.
- What kind of themes does the film address?
- What do you think the film is trying to tell us?
- What do you think happened with the girl, Majjen?